08/05/21 THE WORD
Scripture: Ephesians 1
(If you cannot view this entire post just click on the title above.)
READ and STUDY the WORD
Spiritual Blessings In Christ
Questions and Answers:
1. How did Paul identify himself (Ephesians 1:1a)? Paul called himself an apostle of Christ Jesus through the will of God.
2. To whom did Paul say he was speaking (Ephesians 1:1b)? Paul said he was speaking to the saints who were at Ephesus and the faithful in Christ Jesus.
3. What was Paul’s greeting to them (Ephesians 1:2)? Paul said “Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.”
4. What did Paul say about God (Ephesians 1:3a)? Paul said “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
5. What did Paul say God had done (Ephesians 1:3b)? Paul said God had blessed them (that includes all believers) with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
6. When did Paul say they had been chosen (Ephesians 1:4)? Paul said God had chosen them (that includes all believers) in Him before the foundation of the world, that they would be holy and without defect before Him in love.
7. What had God done for these believers (including us) through Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:5)? God has predestined them (and all believers) to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will.
8. What has God given us through Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:6)? God has given us grace/favor in the Beloved.
9. What have we received from Jesus Christ (Ephesians 1:7-8)? We’ve received redemption through Jesus Christ’s blood, and the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace, that He made abound on us with all wisdom and prudence (understanding).
10. What has been made known to us by God and why (Ephesians 1:9-10)? God made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Jesus Christ, to be put into effect when the times reaches fulfillment. To bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
11. According to whose plan have we been foreordained/predestined (Ephesians 1:11-12)? We were assigned an inheritance by God, having been foreordained according to the purpose of Him who does all things after the counsel of His will.
12. With what are those who trust in Christ sealed/marked (Ephesians 1:13-14)? Those having believed in Christ are marked with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession.
Thanksgiving And Prayer
Ephesians 1:15-23 (WEB) 15 For this cause I also, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which is among you, and the love which you have toward all the saints, 16 don’t cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers, 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope of His calling, and what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to that working of the strength of His might 20 which He worked in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and made Him to sit at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule, authority, power, dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come. 22 He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things for the assembly, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
Questions and Answers:
1. What did Paul say he was doing for the Ephesians (Ephesians 1:15-16)? Paul said because of what he had heard about the Ephesians he had not ceased giving thanks for them, and making mention of them in his prayers.
2. What were his prayer requests to God (Ephesians 1:17-21)? Paul asked that God might give to the Ephesian believers a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him. He asked that the eyes of their hearts would be enlightened, that they might know what was the hope of God’s calling and what were the riches of the glory of God’s inheritance in the saints. He asked that they might know the exceeding greatness of God’s power toward those who believe, according to that working of the strength of God’s might, which He worked in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and made Him to sit at His right hand in the heavenly places.
3. What did God put under Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:22-23)? God put all things in subjection under Christ Jesus’ feet and gave Him to be head over all things for the assembly/church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
HEAR the WORD
Ephesians 1:15-16 (WEB) 15 For this cause I also, having heard of the faith in the Lord Jesus which is among you, and the love which you have toward all the saints, 16 don’t cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers.
MEDITATE on the WORD
Ponder the above verses. Perhaps, like Paul, you want to make mention in your pray for those you love. (See the prayer under PRAY the WORD below.)
MEMORIZE the WORD
Ephesians 1:4 For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight.
Ephesians 1:5 God predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus, in accordance with His pleasure and will.
Ephesians 1:17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better.
LOVE and LIVE the WORD
I purpose to pray for others.
TEACH and SHARE the WORD
I purpose to encourage others to also pray for those around them.
PRAY the WORD
Lord, the Father of glory, I ask You to give me and those I love a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of You (Ephesians 1:17). Lord, I ask You to enlighten the eyes of our heart that we may know what is the hope of Your calling and what are the riches of the glory of Your inheritance in the saints and Your incomparably great power for those of us who believe (Ephesians 1:18-19). In Christ Jesus’ name I pray. AMEN.
“May you and I experience all God has for us.” <>< Dona