06/11/21 THE WORD
Scripture: Romans 10
(If you cannot view this entire post just click on the title above.)
READ and STUDY the WORD
Romans 10:1-21 (WEB) Brothers, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God is for Israel, that they may be saved. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, they didn’t subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the fulfillment of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. 5 For Moses writes about the righteousness of the law, “The one who does them will live by them.” 6 But the righteousness which is of faith says this, “Don’t say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down); 7 or, ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead.)” 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth, and in your heart;” that is, the word of faith which we preach: 9 that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart, one believes resulting in righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, and is rich to all who call on Him. 13 For, “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” 14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? How will they hear without a preacher? 15 And how will they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the Good News of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!” 16 But they didn’t all listen to the glad news. For Isaiah says, “Lord, who has believed our report?” 17 So faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, didn’t they hear? Yes, most certainly, “Their sound went out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.” 19 But I ask, didn’t Israel know? First Moses says, “I will provoke you to jealousy with that which is no nation. I will make you angry with a nation void of understanding.” 20 Isaiah is very bold and says, “I was found by those who didn’t seek Me. I was revealed to those who didn’t ask for Me.” 21 But about Israel he says, “All day long I stretched out My hands to a disobedient and contrary people.”
Questions and Answers:
1. What was Paul’s heart’s desire and prayer for Israel (Romans 10:1)? Paul’s desire and prayer was for Israel (the Israelites) to be saved.
2. What did the Israelites have and what didn’t they have (Romans 10:2)? The Israelites were zealous for God but their zeal wasn’t based on knowledge.
3. Of what were the Israelites ignorant (Romans 10:3)? The Israelites didn’t know the righteousness that comes from God and they sought to establish their own. They did not submit to God’s righteousness.
4. Through whom is there righteousness for all who believe (Romans 10:4)? Through Christ there is righteousness to everyone who believes.
5. Where is the word of faith (Romans 10:8)? The word of faith is near and in our mouth and in our heart.
6. How can we be saved (Romans 10:9-10)? If we confess with our mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in our heart that God raised Him from the dead, we will be saved. For it is with our heart that we believe and are justified, and it is with our mouth that we confess and are saved.
7. What is the difference between God’s response to the Jew and the Greek (Romans 10:12-13)? There is no difference between the Jew and the Greek. The same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him. Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
8. What must happen for one to believe (Romans 10:14-18)? One must hear the gospel message, believe the gospel message, obey the gospel message and call on the Lord. Faith comes from hearing the message and the message is heard through the word of Christ.
HEAR the WORD
Romans 10:17-21 (AMP) 17 So faith comes from hearing [what is told], and what is heard comes by the [preaching of the] message concerning Christ. 18 But I say, did they not hear? Indeed they have; “Their voice [that of creation bearing God’s message] has gone out to all the earth, And their words to the [farthest] ends of the world.” 19 But I say, did Israel fail to understand [that the gospel was to go also to the Gentiles]? First Moses says, “I will make you jealous of those who are not a nation (Gentiles); With a nation that lacks understanding I will make you angry.” 20 Then Isaiah is very bold and says, “I have been found by those who did not seek Me; I have shown Myself to those who did not [consciously] ask for Me.” 21 But of Israel He says, “All day long I have stretched out My hands [in compassion] to a disobedient and obstinate people.”
MEDITATE on the WORD
Ponder the above verses. My Bible notes: Many Jews who looked for the Messiah refused to believe in Him when He came. My thoughts: Yet the Gentiles received and believed in the Messiah. Religious people are sometimes blind to the gospel message while those who’ve never stepped foot in a church recognizes their need and respond to the gospel message.
MEMORIZE the WORD
Romans 10:9-10 (NIV) … if you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
Romans 10:13 (NIV) … Everyone who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.
LOVE and LIVE the WORD
Have you received and are you loving and living the gospel message?
TEACH and SHARE the WORD
We shouldn’t decide from outward appearances who will be open to the gospel message. We need to trust the Lord’s guidance.
PRAY the WORD
Lord, I pray we will have the same heart desire as Paul. That is pray for all humankind to be saved (Romans 10:1). Lord, I pray there will be righteousness for all who believe (Romans 10:4). Lord, I pray Your word will in the mouth and heart of all who choose to follow You (Romans 10:8). Lord, I pray all will confess with their mouth and believe in their heart that You raised Christ Jesus from the dead for then they will be saved (Romans 10:9-10, 13). In Christ Jesus’ name I pray. AMEN.
“May you and I both hide God’s word in our heart and be ready at anytime to share it with others.” <>< Dona