04/24/21 THE WORD
Scripture: Matthew 28:8-10; Matthew 28:11-15; Mark 16:12-13; Luke 24:13-35
(If you cannot view this entire post just click on the title above.)
READ and STUDY the WORD
Jesus Appears To The Women
Matthew 28:8-10 (KJV) 8 And they (Mary Magdalene and the other Mary) departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy; and did run to bring His disciples word. 9 And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held Him by the feet, and worshipped Him. 10 Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell My brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see Me.
1. What did Mary Magdalene and the other Mary do (Matthew 28:8)?
2. Who did they met and what did they do (Matthew 28:9)?
3. Then what did Jesus say (Matthew 28:10)?
1. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary departed quickly from the sepulchre with fear and great joy and ran to tell Jesus’ disciples.
2. As they were on their way to tell the disciples, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary, were met by Jesus. Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to Him, held Him by His feet and worshipped Him.
3. Jesus said, “Be not afraid: go tell My brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see Me.”
Religious Leaders Bribe The Guards
Matthew 28:11-15 (KJV) 11 Now when they (Mary Magdalene and the other Mary) were going, behold, some of the watch came into the city, and shewed unto the chief priests all the things that were done. 12 And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers, 13 Saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole Him away while we slept. 14 And if this come to the governor’s ears, we will persuade him, and secure you. 15 So they took the money, and did as they were taught: and this saying is commonly reported among the Jews until this day.
1. What were the soldiers given and why (Matthew 28:12-15)?
1. The soldiers were given a large amount of money to say that Jesus’ disciples came by night and stole His body while the soldiers were asleep.
Jesus Appears To Two Believers Traveling On The Road
Mark 16:12-13 (KJV) 12 After that Jesus appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. 13 And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.
Luke 24:13-35 (KJV) 13 And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus, which was from Jerusalem about threescore furlongs. 14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened. 15 And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus Himself drew near, and went with them. 16 But their eyes were holden that they should not know Him. 17 And He said unto them, What manner of communications are these that ye have one to another, as ye walk, and are sad? 18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto Him, Art Thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? 19 And He said unto them, What things? And they said unto Him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered Him to be condemned to death, and have crucified Him. 21 But we trusted that it had been He which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, today is the third day since these things were done. 22 Yea, and certain women also of our company made us astonished, which were early at the sepulchre; 23 And when they found not His body, they came, saying, that they had also seen a vision of angels, which said that He was alive. 24 And certain of them which were with us went to the sepulchre and found it even so as the women had said: but Him they saw not. 25 Then Jesus said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into His glory? 27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself. 28 And they drew nigh unto the village, whither they went: and He made as though He would have gone further. 29 But they constrained Him, saying, Abide with us: for it is toward evening, and the day is far spent. And He went in to tarry with them. 30 And it came to pass, as He sat at meat with them, He took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. 31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him; and He vanished out of their sight. 32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures? 33 And they rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them, 34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon. 35 And they told what things were done in the way, and how He was known of them in breaking of bread.
1. Who appeared to two men who were traveling along the road between Jerusalem to Emmaus (Mark 16:12; Luke 24:13-15)?
2. What did Jesus say to them (Luke 24:17)?
3. What did the men say (Luke 24:19-24)?
4. About what did Jesus say they were slow to believe (Luke 24:25)?
5. What question did He ask them (Luke 24:26)?
6. What did Jesus expound to them (Luke 24:27)?
7. What was the invitation the men extended to Jesus (Luke 24:29)?
8. What happened when Jesus took the bread, blessed it, broke it and gave it to them (Luke 24:30-31)?
9. What did the men do (Luke 24:33)?
10. What did the men say (Luke 24:34-35)?
1. The two men were joined by Jesus.
2. Jesus asked them what were they discussing.
3. The two men told Jesus they were talking about all that had been happening concerning Jesus of Nazareth. They said Jesus was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people. They told Jesus the chief priests and their rulers delivered Jesus to be condemned to death and crucified him. They said they trusted that it had been Jesus which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, they said it was the third day since these things had been done. They told Jesus about certain women of their company who made them astonished, when they found not Jesus’ body in the sepulchre and came, saying, that they had seen a vision of angels, who said that Jesus was alive. They said there were certain of them who went to the sepulchre and found it as the women had said: but they didn’t see Jesus.
4. Jesus said they were slow of heart to believe all that the prophets had spoken.
5. Jesus asked didn’t the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter His glory.
6. Then Jesus beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning Himself.
7. They invited Jesus to abide with them: for it was toward evening, and the day was far spent. And He went in to tarry with them.
8. Jesus sat at meat with them, He took bread, blessed it, broke it and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him; and He vanished out of their sight.
9. The men rose up the same hour, and returned to Jerusalem, and found the eleven gathered together, and them that were with them.
10. The men told them the Lord had risen indeed, and had appeared to Simon. And they told what things were done in the way, and how Jesus was known to them in breaking of bread.
HEAR the WORD
Luke 24:25-26 25 Then Jesus said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken: 26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into His glory?
MEDITATE on the WORD
Ponder these verses above. My thoughts: Are we too slow of heart in believing and understanding what the prophets have said about Jesus?
MEMORIZE the WORD
Luke 24:32 And they said one to another, Did not our heart burn within us, while He talked with us by the way, and while He opened to us the scriptures?
LOVE and LIVE the WORD
We should spend time reading and understanding what the Bible says.
TEACH and SHARE the WORD
And we should spend time sharing what we read.
PRAY the WORD
Lord, I pray we will not be slow of heart in understanding Your Word. Lord, I ask You to open our eyes and heart to Your Word (Luke 24:25-26, 32). In Christ Jesus’ name I pray. AMEN.
“May you and I spend time reading and understanding God’s Word.” <>< Dona