01/16/21 THE WORD
Matthew 4:23-25; Mark 1:35-39; Luke 4:42-44; 5:1-11
(If you cannot view this entire post just click on the title above.)
Jesus Preaches Throughout Galilee
Matthew 4:23-25 (KJV) 23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people. 24 And His fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto Him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and He healed them. 25 And there followed Him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.
Mark 1:35-39 (KJV) 35 And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, He went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed. 36 And Simon and they that were with Him followed after Him. 37 And when they had found Him, they said unto Him, All men seek for Thee. 38 And He said unto them, Let us go into the next towns, that I may preach there also: for therefore came I forth. 39 And He preached in their synagogues throughout all Galilee, and cast out devils.
Luke 4:42-44 (KJV) 42 And when it was day, He departed and went into a desert place: and the people sought Him, and came unto Him, and stayed Him, that He should not depart from them. 43 And He said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent. 44 And He preached in the synagogues of Galilee.
Jesus Provides A Miraculous Catch Of Fish
Luke 5:1-11 (KJV) And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon Him to hear the word of God, He stood by the lake of Gennesaret, 2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets. 3 And He entered into one of the ships, which was Simon’s, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And He sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
4 Now when He had left speaking, He said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught. 5 And Simon answering said unto Him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at Thy word I will let down the net. 6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake. 7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink. 8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken: 10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men. 11 And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed Him.
1. What did Jesus do (Matthew 4:23)? He taught in the synagogues and preached the gospel of the kingdom.
2. What else did Jesus do (Matthew 4:24)? He healed the sick.
3. Why did Jesus go to a solidary place (Mark 1:35)? Jesus went to pray.
4. What happened when Jesus was in a desert (solidary) place (Luke 4:42)? People sought Him, came to Him and wanted Him to stay.
5. What did Jesus say (Luke 4:43)? He must preach the kingdom of God to other cities. That is what He had been sent to do.
6. From where did Jesus teach (Luke 5:3)? From Simon’s ship.
7. What did Jesus request Simon to do after Jesus stopped teaching from Simon’s ship (Luke 5:4)? “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a draught (catch).”
8. What did Simon do (Luke 5:5)? He did what Jesus said.
9. What was the result of Simon obeying Jesus (Luke 5:6-7)? Simon filled both his ship and his partners’ ship.
10. What did Jesus tell Simon (Luke 5:10)? “Fear not, from henceforth thou shalt catch men.”
HEAR the WORD
Read aloud Luke 5 verses 4 and 10 shown below. Listen to the words carefully.
MEDITATE on the WORD
Ponder the words of Luke 5 verses 4 and 10 shown below.
MEMORIZE the WORD
Luke 5:4 NIV When He had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Put out into the deep, and let down your nets for a catch.”
Luke 5:10b … Then Jesus said to Simon, “Don’t be afraid; from now on you will be fishers of men.”
EASY MEMORIZATION DIRECTIONS
1. Copy a verse you want to memorize on three individual index cards.
2. Choose three places you frequently go to each day and place one of the memory cards in view.
3. Each time you find yourself near one of the memory cards read it aloud.
4. After a week of reading the memory cards you will most likely be able to recall the verse/s without reading them.
5. Try it for a week and find out.
LOVE AND LIVE the WORD
Do you love your fellowman enough to step out in faith? We too have been called to launch out into the deep and catch as many as we can for Jesus.
TEACH AND SHARE the WORD
We teach every day with our words and our actions. But what are the lessons we’re teaching those around us. Share the Lord and His love.
PRAY the WORD
Lord, I pray we will be faithful to You. I pray we will take time to meet with You. I pray we will love our fellowman enough to step out and share what You’ve done in our life (Luke 5:4). Lord, I pray we will indeed be fishers of men (Luke 5:10). In Christ Jesus’ name I pray. AMEN.
“May you and I be fishers of men.” <>< Dona