01/13/21 THE WORD
Matthew 4:12-17; Mark 1:14-15; Luke 4:14-15; John 4:43-45
(If you cannot view this entire post just click on the title above.)
READ and STUDY the WORD
Jesus Preaches In Galilee
Matthew 4:12-17 (KJV) 12 Now when Jesus had heard that John was cast into prison, He departed into Galilee; 13 And leaving Nazareth, he came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is upon the sea coast, in the borders of Zabulon and Nephthalim: 14 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 15 The land of Zabulon, and the land of Nephthalim, by the way of the sea, beyond Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles; 16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up. 17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mark 1:14-15 (KJV) 14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Luke 4:14-15 (KJV) 14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of Him through all the region round about. 15 And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.
John 4:43-45 (KJV) 43 Now after two days He (Jesus) departed thence, and went into Galilee. 44 For Jesus Himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country. 45 Then when He was come into Galilee, the Galilaeans received Him, having seen all the things that He did at Jerusalem at the feast: for they also went unto the feast.
1. Where did Jesus go after hearing that John had been placed in prison (Matthew 4:12; Mark 1:14)? Galilee
2. For what purpose did Jesus go to Galilee (Matthew 4:14; Mark 1:15)? To fulfill what was said through the prophet Isaiah.
3. Who received Jesus and why did they receive Him (John 4:45)? The Galileans received Him because of what He had done in Jerusalem at the feast.
4. Who saw the great light (Matthew 4:16a)? The people living in darkness. And on whom did the light dawn (Matthew 4:16b)? those living in the land of the shadow of death.
5. What was Jesus preaching (Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:14-15)? To repent, the kingdom of heaven is near, and believe the gospel.
6. Where did Jesus teach (Luke 4:15)? In the synagogues.
HEAR the WORD
Matthew 4:16 says, “The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.”
MEDITATE on the WORD
Consider, ponder what you believe Matthew 4:16 means.
MEMORIZE the WORD
Mark 1:15 And (Jesus came) saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
EASY MEMORIZATION DIRECTIONS
1. Copy a verse you want to memorize on three individual index cards.
2. Choose three places you frequently go to each day and place one of the memory cards in view.
3. Each time you find yourself near one of the memory cards read it aloud.
4. After a week of reading the memory cards you will most likely be able to recall the verse/s without reading them.
5. Try it for a week and find out.
LOVE AND LIVE the WORD
We are called by the Lord. We need to answer “yes” when Jesus calls. We need to love others. Our life needs to be a godly example to those around us.
TEACH AND SHARE the WORD
We need to teach not only by living a godly life, we need to speak the Word to those we encounter in our daily walk with Jesus.
PRAY the WORD
Lord, I thank You for salvation through Jesus. I pray we believers will share our faith with others and encourage them to repent and believe the gospel (Matthew 4:17; Mark 1:15). In Christ Jesus’ name I pray. AMEN.
“May you and I talk to others about our faith in the Lord, Jesus Christ.” <>< Dona